High Protein Piña Colada
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein Isolate®, Caribbean Cooler
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 ounce lemon lime soda
- 2 slices fresh pineapple
- Pour pineapple juice into the blender
- Add the protein powder and blend until smooth
- Add crushed ice and blend until smooth
- Pour into serving glass
- Add lemon lime soda or ginger ale
- Garnish with small pineapple slices.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 106
- Protein 12 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 33 mg
- Potassium 202 mg
- Phosphorus 48 mg
- Calcium 52 mg
- Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein Isolate® may be purchased online or at The Vitamin Shoppe. One scoop or individual package equals 1 ounce and provides 23 grams protein.
- Freeze the extra serving until ready to drink later.
- Use ginger ale (regular or diet) instead of lemon-lime soda if desired.