- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup vanilla-flavored liquid nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup powdered egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Kool-Aid® liquid drink mix (any flavor)
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 88
- Protein 5 g
- Carbohydrates 10 g
- Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 96 mg
- Potassium 182 mg
- Phosphorus 21 mg
- Calcium 4 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1/2 high calorie
- Kool-Aid® Liquid Drink Mix does not contain phosphate additives like the powdered Kool-Aid.
- Choose your favorite Kool-Aid® flavor.
- Since certain types of powdered egg whites can be high in phosphorus and other additives, be sure to check with your dietitian for acceptable brand names of the product. Kelly uses Honeyville’s powdered egg whites, available at www.honeyvillefoods.com.
- You can substitute 1-1/4 cup pasteurized egg whites for powdered egg whites. Adjust serving size.