Orange Dreamsicle Delight
6 ounces (3/4 cup)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 scoops Syntrax Nectar® Whey Protein Isolate Powder, Vanilla Bean Torte flavor
- 1/4 cup Torani ® Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1/2 cup diet orange soda
- Pour the almond milk, protein powder and vanilla syrup in a blender. Blend well.
- Add orange extract and blend.
- Pour mixture into 4 cups and slowly add 2 tablespoons of orange soda to each cup. Enjoy!
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 130
- Protein 18 g
- Carbohydrates 12 g
- Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 143 mg
- Potassium 193 mg
- Phosphorus 90 mg
- Calcium 67 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
- 1 nondairy milk substitute
- When soda is added mixture will foam, so add slowly and stop until bubbles reduce if needed to prevent bubbling over.
- If orange extract is unavailable, vanilla extract may be substituted.
- Crush® and Sunkist® orange diet sodas are acceptable for a kidney diet because there are no phosphate additives. Fanta® orange soda does contain phosphate additives.
- Look for almond milk marked 'original' and check ingredients to select a product free of phosphate additives.
- If Syntrax Nectar® Whey Protein Isolate Powder is unavailable, ask your dietitian for an appropriate substitute. EAS® 100% Whey Protein Powder is an option and gives approximately 13 grams of protein per scoop.