Peach High-Protein Fruit Smoothie
1 cup, approximately (egg whites increase volume slightly)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons Just Whites® (powdered egg whites)
- 3/4 cup fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place peaches in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and continue blending until smooth.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 132
- Protein 10 g
- Carbohydrates 24 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 154 mg
- Potassium 353 mg
- Phosphorus 36 mg
- Calcium 9 mg
- Fiber 1.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- 1/2 high calorie
- Just Whites® are a powdered egg white product available at your local grocery store in the baking section. The product is pasteurized so it is safe to consume without cooking.
- If substituting frozen peaches add 1/4 cup water instead of the ice. The degree of “frozenness” will determine how much your blender will be able to take. It will also give a more “soft serve” consistency than a smoothie, which is great in the warmer season.
- Adjust sugar or use low calorie sweetener to taste.