Peach Pineapple High-Protein Fruit Smoothie
1 cup, approximately (egg whites increase volume slightly)
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple in juice
- 1/2 cup peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons Just Whites® (powdered egg whites)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or use artificial sweetener to taste)
- Place fruit in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and continue blending until smooth.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 200
- Protein 10 g
- Carbohydrates 40 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 154 mg
- Potassium 425 mg
- Phosphorus 35 mg
- Calcium 23 mg
- Fiber 2.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 2 fruit, medium potassium
- 1/2 high calorie
- Just Whites® are a powdered egg white product available at your local grocery store in the baking section. The product is pasteurized so it is safe to consume without cooking.
- If using frozen fruit, the degree of “frozenness” will determine how much your blender will be able to take. It will also give a more “soft serve” consistency than a smoothie, which is great in the warmer season.
- Adjust sugar or artificial sweetener to taste.
- Use artificial sweetener instead of sugar to reduce to 28 grams carbohydrate and 2 carbohydrate choices.