- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 quart pineapple juice
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda or ginger ale
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple
- 4 cups ice cubes
- pineapple slices for garnish (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a large punch bowl.
- Serve in a punch cup, or any clear glass.
- Add a piece of sliced pineapple on the rim of the glass, if desired.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 120
- Protein 0 g
- Carbohydrates 30 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 26 mg
- Potassium 106 mg
- Phosphorus 6 mg
- Calcium 7 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 high calorie
- Chill ingredients before assembling. Adjust ice as needed.
- Use diet lemon-lime soda for a diabetes-friendly lower carbohydrate punch. Count as 12 grams carbohydrate, one Carbohydrate Choice.
- This is a quick punch to make, and it is very refreshing. It’s great for any last-minute preparation for a party or to serve unexpected guests since most of the ingredients have a long shelf life.
- Pour the soda in the mixture slowly to prevent foam.