approximately 8 ounces (1 cup)
- 4 ounces cranberry-tangerine juice, chilled
- 1 scoop (6.6 gm) ProCel® Whey Protein Powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
Blend cranberry-tangerine juice, whey powder, sweetener and ice in a blender till pink and frothy.
Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 120
- Protein 5 g
- Carbohydrates 24 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Sodium 19 mg
- Potassium 111 mg
- Phosphorus 33 mg
- Calcium 45 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 high calorie
- Use your favorite protein powder if ProCel® is unavailable. Ask your dietitian for more information about acceptable protein powders for kidney patients.
- Sweeten to taste. Alternative sweeteners include 1 tablespoon honey or 1 to 2 packets Sweet’N Low®, Equal® or Splenda®)
- Serve with a swizzle stick of peppermint or a sprig of mint, if desired.
- Juice may be substituted with Sunkist® regular or diet orange soda, cranberry, cranberry-raspberry or cranberry-grape juices.