Strawberry High-Protein Fruit Smoothie
1 cup, approximately (egg whites increase volume slightly)
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup liquid pasteurized egg whites
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place strawberries in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and continue blending until smooth.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 156
- Protein 14 g
- Carbohydrates 25 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 215 mg
- Potassium 400 mg
- Phosphorus 49 mg
- Calcium 29 mg
- Fiber 2.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- 1/2 high calorie
- Pasteurized liquid egg white is safe to consume without cooking.
- If substituting frozen fruit add 1/4 cup water instead of the 1/2 cup ice. The degree of “frozenness” will determine how much your blender will be able to take. It will also give a more “soft serve” consistency than a smoothie, which is great in the warmer season.
- Adjust sugar or low calorie sweetener to taste.