“An Apple a Day” Muffins
- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 muffin papers
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups raw apple, peeled and cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400° F and place muffin papers in muffin pan.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add sugar, oil and water; mix well. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture. Batter will be lumpy. Fold in apple pieces.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with 1 teaspoon sugar. Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.