- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 packages dry active yeast
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose white flour (divided)
- 6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup mustard
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add canola oil and half of the flour. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Add remaining flour and knead for 5 minutes.
- Let dough rest for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces. Roll into 18” lengths and twist into pretzel shape. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Add baking soda to 6 cups of water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add pretzels to boiling water for 1 minute then transfer to a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve each pretzel with 1/2 teaspoon mustard.