- CKD non-dialysis
- 3 cups all-purpose white flour
- 3/4 cups sugar or Splenda granular sweetener
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Stir in zucchini, honey, oil, applesauce, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir liquid mixture into flour mixture just until flour is moistened. Spread evenly in loaf pans.
- Grease muffin tins or use paper liners. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 127
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 23 g
- Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 29 mg
- Sodium 132 mg
- Potassium 58 mg
- Phosphorus 32 mg
- Calcium 9 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 high calorie
- 1/2 fat
- Boost protein content to 3 grams by adding 7 tablespoons of your favorite protein powder to dry ingredients.
- If Splenda is used instead of sugar carbohydrate is decreased to 18 grams and 1 carbohydrate choice.
- Top muffins with cream cheese frosting and serve for dessert if higher calories are desired.
- If desired use 2/3 cup applesauce and omit the oil or use 2/3 cup oil and omit the applesauce.