Apple Cinnamon French Toast Strata
- CKD non-dialysis
3" x 3" square
- 1 pound loaf cinnamon raisin bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cup half & half creamer
- 1-1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened, original
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pancake syrup
- Dice bread and cream cheese into cubes. Peel and dice apple. Melt butter.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange 1/2 of the cubed bread in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the cream cheese cubes evenly over the bread and top with the apples. Sprinkle cinnamon over the apples and top with remaining bread.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the hal and half creamer, almond milk, melted butter and pancake syrup. Pour over the bread mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and press down so that all the pieces are soaked. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Bake 50 minutes and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut evenly into squares for 12 servings.
Top with pancake syrup, sugar-free syrup, jam or cinnamon/raspberry applesauce, if desired.