Apple Onion Omelet
- CKD non-dialysis
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup liquid nondairy creamer
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup onion, sliced very thin
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Beat eggs with nondairy creamer, water and ground pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt butter or margarine in small, ovenproof skillet.
- Add onion and apple to the skillet and sauté until onion becomes translucent, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Spread out the onion and apple mixture evenly in the skillet and sprinkle cheddar cheese over it.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into the skillet and cook over medium heat until the edges begin to set. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until the center is firmly set, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cut omelet in half and slide each half onto an individual plate. Serve immediately.