Baked Egg Cups
- CKD non-dialysis
1 egg cup
- 6 slices low-sodium bacon
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1/3 cup mushrooms
- 1/3 cup bell pepper
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin wrappers. Dice vegetables.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Crumble cooked bacon and combine with diced vegetables in a large bowl.
- Spoon mixture into cups, filling them 2/3 of the way, leaving room to add the egg mixture.
- In another bowl, beat together eggs and black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup. Leave 1/4 inch at the top.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until muffins have risen and are firm.
- Remove muffins from pan and serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 80
- Protein 7 g
- Carbohydrates 1 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 212 mg
- Sodium 78 mg
- Potassium 92 mg
- Phosphorus 101 mg
- Calcium 28 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Freeze egg cups and reheat for a quick breakfast entrée.
- Increase portion to 2 muffins for a higher protein breakfast.
- Do not use foil muffin wrappers for this recipe.