- CKD non-dialysis
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup all purpose white flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Blend eggs and milk in a blender to combine.
Slowly add flour and blend for 1 minute. Cover and let mixture sit for 1 hour..
Pour crepe batter into a bowl and whisk in melted butter.
Heat an 8-inch crepe pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour batter into skillet. Make sure the batter lies evenly, moving the pan if needed. Crepe will bubble slightly.
- Loosen edges of crepe and remove from pan when crepe is golden on the bottom and edges are slightly browned. (It needs to be browned on one side only as crepes will be rolled or folded.)
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 63
- Protein 3 g
- Carbohydrates 6 g
- Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 46 mg
- Sodium 29 mg
- Potassium 50 mg
- Phosphorus 45 mg
- Calcium 31 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1/4 milk
- 1/2 fat
- Adding flour slowly should prevent lumps, but if they do appear, strain the batter to remove before letting mixture set.