Beach Boy Omelet
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons frozen, shredded hash browns
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and green pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Add hash browns and cook for 5 minutes.
Beat eggs with soy milk or nondairy creamer.
Pour egg mixture into a separate nonstick pan and cook on medium heat until the omelet firms up.
Place the hash brown mixture in the middle of the omelet surface and loosen both sides of the omelet with a spatula, then roll it over onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and add spices of your choice.