Beach Boy Omelet
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons frozen, shredded hash browns
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and green pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Add hash browns and cook for 5 minutes.
Beat eggs with soy milk or nondairy creamer.
Pour egg mixture into a separate nonstick pan and cook on medium heat until the omelet firms up.
Place the hash brown mixture in the middle of the omelet surface and loosen both sides of the omelet with a spatula, then roll it over onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and add spices of your choice.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 228
- Protein 15 g
- Carbohydrates 12 g
- Fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 165 mg
- Sodium 180 mg
- Potassium 307 mg
- Phosphorus 128 mg
- Calcium 38 mg
- Fiber 0.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- Check with your dietitian for recommended soy milk or nondairy creamer to use. Brands vary greatly in potassium and phosphorus content.
- Use milk substitute of choice instead of soy milk if desired.