- CKD non-dialysis
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Ortega green chilies, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Spray a medium-size skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
In a bowl, beat eggs with green chilies, cumin and hot sauce. Pour eggs into skillet and cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes until eggs are done.
Heat tortillas for 20 seconds in microwave or in separate skillet over medium heat. Place half the egg mixture on each tortilla and roll up burrito style.
Serve each burrito with 1 tablespoon salsa.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 291
- Protein 16 g
- Carbohydrates 27 g
- Fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 425 mg
- Sodium 411 mg
- Potassium 227 mg
- Phosphorus 229 mg
- Calcium 91 mg
- Fiber 2.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- Burritos freeze and reheat well. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag. To reheat burrito remove from plastic, place on microwave-safe plate, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave 1 to 2 minutes.
- Tortillas, salsa and hot pepper sauces vary greatly in sodium content. Compare nutrition labels on brands and select the ones lowest in sodium.
- Low cholesterol egg substitute may be substituted for whole eggs. Cholesterol is 0 mg if egg substitute is used.