- CKD non-dialysis
one 3" x 3" square
- 8 ounces reduced-fat pork sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup liquid Coffee-mate® non-dairy creamer, original flavor
- 4 slices white bread, cubed or broken
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 325 F°.
Crumble sausage and cook in a medium skillet; set aside.
Mix remaining ingredients in a blender.
Add cooked sausage to mixture.
- Pour combined ingredients into a greased 9" x 9" inch casserole dish.
- Bake 55 minutes or until set.
- Cut into 9 portions and serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 223
- Protein 10 g
- Carbohydrates 12 g
- Fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 154 mg
- Sodium 385 mg
- Potassium 208 mg
- Phosphorus 147 mg
- Calcium 60 mg
- Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 2 fat
- Nancy uses Jimmy Dean® brand reduced-fat sausage.
- Try one of the DaVita.com Sausage recipes for a lower sodium option.
- Let casserole set for 10 minutes before cutting into portions.
- Many other breakfast casserole recipes contain milk and cheese, which adds extra sodium, potassium and phosphorus.