- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup liquid low cholesterol egg substitute
- 4 tablespoon liquid nondairy creamer
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté vegetables with garlic in margarine/oil mixture until crisp-tender.
Whip egg product and nondairy creamer until light and fluffy. Mix in cumin and pepper.
Pour egg mixture over sautéed vegetables.
- Reduce heat and cover for 1 to 2 minutes. Uncover and lift edges of omelet, allowing uncooked egg to run to the bottom of the pan.
- After egg is completely cooked, fold omelet over in pan.
- Divide omelet into 2 portions and serve immediately.
- Garnish with green onion and a mushroom slice.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 210
- Protein 11 g
- Carbohydrates 6 g
- Fat 16 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 220 mg
- Potassium 196 mg
- Phosphorus 42 mg
- Calcium 56 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 2 fat
- Serve omelet with a bagel, cream cheese, fresh mixed berries and hot tea.
- For a lower fat omelet, sauté vegetables in a nonstick skillet using cooking spray instead of oil and margarine.