Cran-Apple Oatmeal Plus Egg
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cup water
- 1 small apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 2/3 cup oatmeal, quick-cooking
- 2 eggs
- Combine water, diced apple or applesauce, cranberries, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until apple is tender.
- Stir in oatmeal, bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute.
- Gradually add half of the oatmeal to a beaten egg. Add that mixture back to oatmeal and cook about 10 seconds.
- Serve with milk or milk substitute and sweetener, as meal plan permits.