- CKD non-dialysis
one 3" x 4" piece
- 6 slices English muffin toasting bread
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups Rice Dream® Original rice drink
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (part skim), finely shredded
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (stems and pieces), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Crumble English muffin toasting bread into 9” x 13” baking dish.
Beat eggs and Rice Dream® together in a large bowl.
Add remaining ingredients to egg mixture and stir well.
- Pour egg mixture over crumbled bread and stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 to 10 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake uncovered for 1 hour.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 177
- Protein 11 g
- Carbohydrates 17 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 218 mg
- Sodium 343 mg
- Potassium 147 mg
- Phosphorus 187 mg
- Calcium 152 mg
- Fiber 1.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- If English muffin toasting bread is unavailable, substitute 5 regular-size whole English muffins.