Egg in a Hole
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 egg
- 1 slice white bread
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium strawberry
- Use a biscuit or cookie cutter to cut the center out of the slice of bread to toast.
Spray both sides of bread and center cut out with olive oil spray.
Heat a medium skillet and place both pieces of the cut bread in skillet. Break egg into center “hole” of cut out portion. Season with lemon pepper.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and flip over to cook other side. Also, flip the cut out bread “circle” to toast on each side.
- Sprinkle egg with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a fresh strawberry as garnish.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 159
- Protein 9 g
- Carbohydrates 15 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 213 mg
- Sodium 266 mg
- Potassium 122 mg
- Phosphorus 137 mg
- Calcium 85 mg
- Fiber 0.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Change the cookie cutter to fit the occasion or holiday.
- This offers a quick breakfast, which cooks the egg and toast together. My mother-in-law had eight children and this was their favorite family breakfast for the large family.