Egg in a Hole
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice white bread
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium strawberry
- Use a biscuit or cookie cutter to cut the center out of the slice of bread to toast.
Spray both sides of bread and center cut out with olive oil cooking spray.
Heat a medium skillet and place both pieces of the cut bread in skillet. Break egg into center “hole” of cut out portion. Season with lemon pepper.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and flip over to cook other side. Also, flip the cut out bread “circle” to toast on each side.
- Sprinkle egg with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a fresh strawberry as garnish.