- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup bell peppers (red, yellow, and orange)
- 1 cup onion
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or milk substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a regular size muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Finely dice bell peppers and onion.
- In a bowl combine pork, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and Mrs. Dash seasoning to make sausage.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage crumbles until done; drain.
- Beat eggs together with the milk or milk substitute and salt.
- Add the sausage crumbles and vegetables; mix.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared muffin tins, leaving space for muffins to rise. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.