- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup bell peppers (red, yellow, and orange)
- 1 cup onion
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons liquid nondairy creamer
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a regular size muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Finely dice bell peppers and onion.
- In a bowl combine pork, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and Mrs. Dash seasoning to make sausage.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage crumbles until done; drain.
- Beat eggs together with the non-dairy creamer and salt.
- Add the sausage crumbles and vegetables; mix.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared muffin tins, leaving space for muffins to rise. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 154
- Protein 12 g
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 230 mg
- Sodium 155 mg
- Potassium 200 mg
- Phosphorus 154 mg
- Calcium 37 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- Freeze extra muffins and reheat for 30-40 seconds in the microwave for a quick breakfast entree.
- Try Homemade Sausage or Homemade Turkey Sausage from the DaVita.com recipe collection to replace the sausage mixture.
- A regular size muffin tin cup holds 3-1/2 ounces. Use a smaller muffin tin if desired, but reduce the cooking time.