Homemade Pan Sausage
- CKD non-dialysis
1-1/2 ounces cooked patty
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 2 teaspoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and form into individual patties.
- Cook or freeze for later use.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 133
- Protein 11 g
- Carbohydrates 2 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 40 mg
- Sodium 31 mg
- Potassium 171 mg
- Phosphorus 98 mg
- Calcium 18 mg
- Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Try ground beef, ground turkey or a mixture of pork and beef in this recipe.
- Add more red pepper if you like hot sausage
- To freeze for later use, layer patties on wax paper and store in an airtight freezer bag.