Mushroom & Red Pepper Omelet
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup raw mushroom pieces
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 1/4 cup canned sweet red peppers
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dice mushrooms, onion and red peppers.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté 5 minutes until onion is tender. Stir in diced red pepper. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
Melt 1 teaspoon butter or margarine in the skillet. Beat eggs, add Worcestershire sauce and cook over medium heat.
- When eggs are partially cooked, top with vegetable mixture. Place dollops of whipped cream cheese over vegetables. Continue cooking until eggs are set.
- Remove from heat and fold omelet in half. Sprinkle with pepper. Divide into two portions and serve.