Stuffed French Toast
- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound loaf of day-old French bread, cut into 16 slices
- 8 tablespoons jelly, any fruit-flavored
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Coffee-mate® French Vanilla Fat Free liquid nondairy creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each slice of bread. Top with 1 tablespoon jelly and add bread slice to make a sandwich. Repeat until 8 sandwiches are made.
- Spray a 9” x 13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and place the 8 sandwiches in the dish.
- Mix beaten eggs, Coffee-mate® and vanilla extract. Pour over the bread slices, turning to coat the slices evenly. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Cover pan with foil and bake for 1 hour. The last 5 minutes of baking, remove the foil to brown the top.