- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chili peppers
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoons vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork or beef
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the egg, onion, garlic, green chili peppers, cilantro, vinegar, chili powder, salt and ground red pepper.
- Add the ground pork or beef and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into eight equal-sized patties.
- Put a small amount of oil in skillet and preheat over medium heat. Place the patties in the skillet and cook about 12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear. Turn once when patties are about half cooked.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 73
- Protein 6 g
- Carbohydrates 1 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 46 mg
- Sodium 65 mg
- Potassium 105 mg
- Phosphorus 64 mg
- Calcium 11 mg
- Fiber 0.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Wrap uncooked patties in plastic wrap and freeze until later.
- Recipe works well with ground pork, beef, or a combination of each.