- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup red or green peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup summer squash, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 6 quart-size ziptop food storage bags
- Crack 2 large eggs and pour into a ziptop bag. Shake the bag to combine eggs.
- Add your choice of vegetables.
- Close bag. Be sure to get all the air out of the bag. Shake to mix ingredients.
- Place the bag in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Remove and carefully open the bag and the omelet will roll out.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 154
- Protein 13 g
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 423 mg
- Sodium 140 mg
- Potassium 215 mg
- Phosphorus 205 mg
- Calcium 58 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- Add black pepper or Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning for extra flavor.
- Works great for a group, since each person can pick what ingredients they want in their omelet.
- Serve with English muffin, bagel, fruit, or toast.
- Cook up to 6 omelets in a large pot.
- For a lower cholesterol omelet use 3 egg whites or 1/2 cup low cholesterol egg product instead of whole eggs.
- If you are on a lower protein diet make the omelot with one egg. Count as 7 grams protein.