Chicken and Vegetable Bake
- CKD non-dialysis
6 ounces or 1/6th recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 16 ounces medium-sized egg noodles
- 10 ounces frozen carrots, cut julienne-style
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Heat oven to 350 °F.
Coat a 3-quart, rectangular baking dish with non-stick spray. Set the dish aside.
Cook noodles according to package directions omitting salt. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Cook chicken pieces for 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Transfer chicken to a large bowl.
Add onion, pepper, broccoli and carrots to skillet. Cook and stir until veggies are tender.
Dump veggies into bowl with chicken and stir in broth, dry mustard, pepper and noodles.
Spoon mixture into baking dish.
Mix bread crumbs and melted butter together. Sprinkle over chicken mixture.
Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes, until heated through.