Chicken Lo Mein
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1-1/2 cups carrots, diagonally sliced
- 1 cup celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup raw mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
Cook lo mein noodles according to package omitting salt. Drain and set aside.
Thinly slice chicken breasts.
Heat olive oil in a wok or big, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
Add onions, carrots and celery. Stir-fry gently until vegetables are cooked but still crunchy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and noodles, and stir constantly until hot.
Add soy sauce, stir and serve.