One chicken breast, 1/2 cup rice, 2 tablespoons sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots, sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Olivio® Premium Spread
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice
Coat chicken with flour. In a large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning chicken over once.
Remove chicken from skillet, cover, and keep warm.
Sauté shallots, mushrooms and parsley in Olivio® over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
Add wine, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook while stirring for 1 to 2 minutes, then pour over chicken and add vegetables.
Sprinkle with parsley.
Serve with 1/2 cup of cooked white rice. Spoon sauce from skillet over each serving.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 425
- Protein 32 g
- Carbohydrates 40 g
- Fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 70 mg
- Sodium 145 mg
- Potassium 480 mg
- Phosphorus 300 mg
- Calcium 46 mg
- Fiber 2.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- Substitute 1/2 cup pasta with garlic and olive oil for rice if desired.
- Olivio® Premium Spread is a vegetable oil and olive oil blend made into a spread similar to trans fat-free margarine. One tablespoon contains 80 calories, 8 g fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 cholesterol, 95 mg sodium. If unavailable in your area substitute a similar soft tub spread.
- If another wine is substituted, this dish becomes Chicken with Wine, as it will no longer have the distinct flavor provided by the Marsala wine.
- This recipe is suitable for those on a lower protein diet if the portion of chicken is decreased to match their meal plan.