Crock Pot® Roasted Lemon Chicken
1 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, bone-in, with skin
- 13 ounces canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Heat oil in large skillet.
Add garlic and oregano.
Add chicken breasts and brown on all sides.
Place chicken in Crock-Pot and add chicken broth.
Cook on low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours.
Add lemon juice during last hour of cooking.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 168
- Protein 23 g
- Carbohydrates 1 g
- Fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 61 mg
- Sodium 143 mg
- Potassium 137 mg
- Phosphorus 184 mg
- Calcium 15 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Complete this meal with a serving or rice, green beans, French bread, margarine or butter and a baked apple for dessert.
- Use leftover chicken breasts in a chicken salad or sandwich for lunch the next day.
- Look for reduced-sodium broth containing 500 milligrams sodium or less per 1-cup serving Recommended brands include Health Valley® No Salt, Fat Free Chicken Broth (1-800-423-4846), Kitchen Basics® Natural Chicken Stock and Swanson® 50% Less Sodium Chicken Broth. Low-sodium broth is also a good choice. It contains less than 140 milligrams sodium per cup. Avoid low-sodium broth that contains potassium chloride—it’s very high in potassium
- If you are on a protein-restricted diet, ask your dietitian for advice on the correct portion size for your individual diet.