Crock Pot Chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 pounds whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash chicken and remove the inside giblets if they are included.
- Rub Mrs. Dash seasoning, pepper, and garlic powder on the outside of the chicken.
- Place the chicken breast-side-up in an oval crock pot or neck-up in a round crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from bones and discard skin.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 148
- Protein 23 g
- Carbohydrates 0 g
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 71 mg
- Sodium 60 mg
- Potassium 160 mg
- Phosphorus 130 mg
- Calcium 13 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- No liquid or fat needs to be added. Chicken will make its own liquid/broth.
- To make chicken soup from leftovers, add egg noodles, low sodium broth, carrot shreds and celery to remaining chicken and broth.
- Leftovers also make great chicken salad.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, adjust the portion to match your meal plan.