Curry Sauce with Chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ginger root
- 1/3 cup carrots
- 1/3 cup celery
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1 small apple
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless chicken
- Mince garlic and ginger. Finely chop carrots, celery, and onion. Slice mushrooms. Chop apple.
- Combine flour, garlic, ginger, curry powder and vegetable oil in a non-stick, deep skillet (at least 4 quarts) over a medium heat.
- Stir until curry becomes paste-like.
- Slowly add broth, and stir until sauce is smooth.
- Add vegetables, apple and white pepper.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes, or until well blended.
- Bring sauce to a boil and add chicken.
- Simmer curry for 1-1/2 hours over a low heat, stirring regularly and serve.