Lemon Chicken with Vegetables
1 chicken breast plus 1/2 cup vegetables
1 cup green bell pepper, cut julienne style
1 cup red bell pepper, cut julienne style
1/2 cup green beans
1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
1 pound boneless,skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place bell peppers, green beans and carrots in an 8" square baking dish.
- Arrange chicken breasts over vegetables. Sprinkle evenly with lemon juice and olive oil.
- In small bowl, combine black pepper and thyme. Mix well. Sprinkle evenly over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 10 to12 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and juices are clear. (Rotate dish a half turn after 5 minutes if you do not have a rotating microwave.)
- Serve each chicken breast with 1/2 cup vegetables.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 196
- Protein 27 g
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 70 mg
- Sodium 81 mg
- Potassium 399 mg
- Phosphorus 211 mg
- Calcium 36 mg
- Fiber 1.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Use frozen vegetables for an even faster meal.