Pan-smoked Chicken Breast
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- Combined the spices to make a rub mix.
- Rinse the chicken breasts, pat dry, and brush lightly with oil.
- Rub the chicken breasts with spice rub mix.
- Refrigerate the chicken breast for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- To set up a smoke-roasting pan, place hardwood chips in a disposable foil pan and set a rack on top. Heat the pan over stovetop burner on medium-high until the smoke appears. Place the marinated chicken breasts on the rack and cover the pan tightly with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium and smoke the chicken breast for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a baking pan and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.