- CKD non-dialysis
- 2-1/2 pounds frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-1/4 cups canned tomato puree
- 2 medium sweet onions
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 hot pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Thaw chicken. In a large Crock-Pot® combine the tomato puree and chicken.
- Puree all other ingredients in food processor (this will have to be done in batches in most food processors).
- Add vegetables to Crock-Pot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken to a plate. Using 2 forks, shred chicken then return to sauce in the Crock-Pot®.