Quick and Easy Chicken Stir-Fry
- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 10 ounce bag of broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- Shred cooked chicken breast meat.
- In a large wok, heat oil and add the broccoli slaw; cook for 5 minutes.
- While the broccoli slaw is cooking, in a small bowl combine 1/3-cup hoisin sauce and 1/3-cup water and mix together well.
- Add shredded chicken meat to wok and stir chicken and broccoli slaw together
- Pour hoisin sauce mixture over stir-fry and stir together.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 170
- Protein 20 g
- Carbohydrates 9 g
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 48 mg
- Sodium 373 mg
- Potassium 393 mg
- Phosphorus 182 mg
- Calcium 42 mg
- Fiber 1.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- Serve over rice or rice noodles.
- Two cooked chicken breasts yield approximately 8 ounces.
- To reduce potassium to 290 mg substitute 4 cups of shredded green cabbage for the broccoli slaw.
- Hoisin sauce is usually found in the Chinese or Asian food section of most grocery stores. It is high in sodium—limit the amount used.