Roasted Rosemary Chicken and Vegetables
- CKD non-dialysis
1 piece chicken and 3/4 cup vegetables
- 2 cups zucchini
- 1 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1/2 large red onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Slice zucchini 1/2" thick; slice carrots and bell peppers 1/4" thick; cut onion into 1/2" wedges; crush garlic cloves.
- Combine the zucchini, carrots, onion, garlic and oil in a 13" x 9" roasting pan. Season with pepper and toss to coat. Roast until vegetables are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, lift up the skin from the chicken breasts and rub the flesh with pepper and crumbled rosemary. Replace the skin, and then season the chicken all over with additional pepper and rosemary, as desired.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven, and place the chicken, skin sides up, on top of the vegetables. Return to the oven and continue roasting until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender (about 35 minutes).