Roasted Turkey Breast with Salt-free Herb Seasoning
- CKD non-dialysis
- 3 pound fresh turkey breast half, bone-in, with skin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup onion
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Finely mince onion. Melt butter and add onion and herb seasoning blend. Divide mixture in half.
- In a large roasting pan or skillet, place turkey breast skin side down. Coat with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mixture.
- Turn breast over and loosen the skin with your fingers. Spread 3 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture between the flesh and skin. Use toothpicks to attach the edges of the skin to the breast meat.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from oven and spread remaining seasoning mixture over turkey skin.
- Return to oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160º F.
- Remove from oven and let turkey breast rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 203
- Protein 25 g
- Carbohydrates 1 g
- Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 76 mg
- Sodium 88 mg
- Potassium 265 mg
- Phosphorus 184 mg
- Calcium 20 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Use an herb seasoning with garlic for optimal flavor.
- Be sure meat thermometer does not touch the bone.
- Divide turkey slices into 2 to 3 ounce servings, and refrigerate or freeze for sandwiches or a quick meal later.
- Adjust portion size to match your meal plan if you need a lower or higher protein intake.