Shake and Bake Chicken Extravaganza
- CKD non-dialysis
1 piece of chicken (3 ounces without bone)
- 1-1/2 cups dry fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds chicken pieces, bone-in
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Grease baking sheet with vegetable oil (can use parchment paper or silpat sheet) and set aside.
Combine bread crumbs, flour, parsley, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, marjoram and thyme. Stir to mix evenly.
Add oil to bread crumb mixture and stir with a fork to blend completely.
Store in airtight container in cool, dry place or store in freezer.
To prepare chicken: Rinse chicken with water and leave chicken pieces moist with water while shaking off excess liquid.
Pour 1 cup of bread crumb mixture into a clean plastic food storage bag. Add 1 to 2 pieces of chicken at a time to bag and shake to coat evenly.
Place on greased baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Turn once, after 20 minutes.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 222
- Protein 22 g
- Carbohydrates 13 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 60 mg
- Sodium 124 mg
- Potassium 217 mg
- Phosphorus 157 mg
- Calcium 43 mg
- Fiber 1.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- This recipe makes enough coating mix for 3 meals. Store the remaining mixture in a sealed container or freezer bag and freeze until ready to use again.
- To homemade dry breadcrumbs, toast day old bread until crisp but not burned. Crush in a blender or food processor.