Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Carrots & Cranberry Gravy
- CKD non-dialysis
2-1/2 ounces turkey, 1/3 cup carrots, 1/4 cup gravy
- 18 ounces boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
Place turkey breast in slow cooker and sprinkle with poultry seasoning and bouillon granules.
Spoon cranberry sauce on top; add celery, onion and carrots.
Cover with lid, turn heat to high and slow cook for 4 hours.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 216
- Protein 18 g
- Carbohydrates 25 g
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 36 mg
- Sodium 183 mg
- Potassium 373 mg
- Phosphorus 187 mg
- Calcium 43 mg
- Fiber 2.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 high calorie
- Whole turkey breast may be substituted for boneless turkey.
- Spray slow cooker pot with nonstick cooking spray for easier cleanup.
- Frozen onion and carrots may be used instead of fresh vegetables.
- A very small portion of regular bouillon adds flavor. Portion control helps keep sodium content within the limits of a low sodium diet.
- Serve with noodles, rolls, margarine and fruit salad.