Slow Rotisserie-style Chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3-pound whole chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 large-size oven roasting bag
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Shake flour into roasting bag.
- Put half the onion slices in the chicken cavity.
- Place the bag in a roasting pan and add remaining onion slices. Place the chicken on top of the onion.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Close the bag according to package directions and slit the bag in 6 places.
- Bake for 2 hours or until thermometer reads 165° F.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10–15 minutes; carefully open bag. Remove contents to a serving dish and pour sauce into a gravy bowl.