Sweet Dijon-Glazed Turkey Breast
- 5 pound turkey breast
- 1/3 cup pineapple topping
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Wash turkey breast and prepare for roasting.
Place in a roasting pan, breast side up; cover and bake at 350° F for 1-1/2 hours (170° internal temperature using a meat thermometer).
In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
Remove turkey breast from oven and brush glaze over top.
Return turkey to oven and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven. Let turkey rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 179
- Protein 24 g
- Carbohydrates 5 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 63 mg
- Sodium 69 mg
- Potassium 253 mg
- Phosphorus 180 mg
- Calcium 18 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Extra glaze can be served on the side as a dipping sauce.
- Glaze can also be used on chicken or pork chops.
- CKD non-dialysis: This higher protein recipe may be appropriate for your diet if the portion size is adjusted to reduce protein content. Adjustments should be based on your individual protein prescription. Check with your dietitian if you are unsure.