Turkey and Beef Meatballs
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound ground chuck beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash® Onion and Herb seasoning blend
- 1 cup freshly grated soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and turkey with dry ingredients; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the broth, egg and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the wet ingredients to the meat mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1″ meatballs and place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 30 minutes turning once halfway through baking.
- Eat meatballs plain or top with your favorite kidney-friendly sauce.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 175
- Protein 16 g
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 69 mg
- Sodium 120 mg
- Potassium 236 mg
- Phosphorus 142 mg
- Calcium 18 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Make ahead and freeze for a quick meal later.
- Compare sodium on broth and buy the lower sodium brand. Avoid broth that contains potassium chloride.