Turkey Stuffed Cabbage
- CKD non-dialysis
1 cup or 1/6th cabbage
- 1 medium-head green cabbage
- 12 ounces ground turkey, 7% fat
- 3 ounces turkey sausage
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® extra spicy herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Remove core from cabbage and cut out 3 cups of cabbage from the inside to make a cavity for stuffing.
- Combine turkey, sausage, onion, bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce and herb seasoning in a bowl. Mix well then stuff into cabbage.
- Insert 4 to 5 toothpicks around outside of cabbage to anchor it. Place with stuffed end up into a deep, ovenproof pot.
- Pour 1/2-cup water into bottom of pot, cover with a lid and bake 45 minutes or until ground turkey temperature reaches 175° F.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into 6 equal servings.