- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Black Cherry diet soda
- 14 ounces dried, sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl mix the cake mix, vanilla and soda. If too stiff or not completely mixed add more soda a spoonful at a time just until mixed.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Drop a spoonful of the cookie mixture on sheet placing 2″ apart. Bake for 10 minutes until light brown on bottom.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on a cooling rack.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 87
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 100 mg
- Potassium 46 mg
- Phosphorus 48 mg
- Calcium 15 mg
- Fiber 1.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Use a new sheet of parchment paper for each new set of cookies.
- Place in zip top bag or sealed container to store.
- Can use other soda flavors: Cherry, Strawberry, Cranberry, etc. Avoid sodas with phosphate additives.