Angel Strawberry Delight
- CKD non-dialysis
1/12 of cake
- 1 package angel food cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- Set cream cheese out to soften.
- Bake angel food cake according to package directions. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese and strawberry preserves until smooth.
- Slice angel food cake into three, even horizontal layers.
- Spread cream cheese mixture between layers and reassemble.
- Frost cake using whipped topping.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 283
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrates 43 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 19 mg
- Sodium 316 mg
- Potassium 88 mg
- Phosphorus 130 mg
- Calcium 42 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- After baking invert angel food cake on a glass bottle to prevent cake from falling.
- Lower fat ingredients such as cream cheese, are often higher in sodium than the regular fat product. Compare labels and make the best selection for your individual diet.
- If light cream cheese and low-sugar preserves are used the calories are 227, carbohydrate 35 g, fat 7 g and sodium 343 mg. Count as 2 carbohydrate choices.
- Frozen whipped topping produced the best results in this recipe. However some frozen topping products contain phosphate additives and may not be recommended if phosphorus control is an issue.