Angel Strawberry Delight
- CKD non-dialysis
1/12 of cake
- 1 package angel food cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- Set cream cheese out to soften.
- Bake angel food cake according to package directions. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese and strawberry preserves until smooth.
- Slice angel food cake into three, even horizontal layers.
- Spread cream cheese mixture between layers and reassemble.
- Frost cake using nondairy whipped topping.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 283
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrates 43 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 19 mg
- Sodium 316 mg
- Potassium 88 mg
- Phosphorus 130 mg
- Calcium 42 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- After baking invert angel food cake on a glass bottle to prevent cake from falling.
- Lower fat ingredients such as cream cheese, mayonnaise and salad dressing are often higher in sodium than the regular fat product. Compare labels and make the best selection for your individual diet.
- If light cream cheese and low-sugar preserves are used the calories are 227, carbohydrate 35 g, fat 7 g and sodium 343 mg. Count as 2 carbohydrate choices.