- CKD non-dialysis
1 crepe with 1/4 cup apples, 1 tablespoon whipped topping
3 large apples
1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 crepes (see DaVita.com recipe for Basic Crepes)
- 8 tablespoons whipped topping
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Peel, core and slice apples.
Melt butter, pour over apples and toss to coat. Pour into an 8" baking dish.
Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over apples and stir.
Bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
Place crepe on plate, browned side down.
Spoon 1/4-cup apple mixture onto crepe.
Roll crepe and top with a tablespoon of whipped topping.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 183
- Protein 3 g
- Carbohydrates 19 g
- Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 68 mg
- Sodium 41 mg
- Potassium 128 mg
- Phosphorus 52 mg
- Calcium 41 mg
- Fiber 1.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 starch
- 2 fat
- The carbohydrate count is 15 g when made with brown sugar.
- 3 large apples yields approximately 4 cups after sliced and peeled.