Blueberry Icebox Cake
- CKD non-dialysis
- 3/4 cup unsalted margarine
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 21 ounces canned blueberry pie filling
- Preheat oven 350° F. Set margarine and cream cheese out to soften.
- Mix margarine with flour and 2 tablespoons sugar. Press evenly into the bottom of a 9" x 13" x 2" oven proof, glass baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix softened cream cheese with remaining sugar. Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust.
- Spread blueberry pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture evenly over blueberries. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Cut into 10 servings.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 347
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 40 g
- Fat 20 g
- Cholesterol 9 mg
- Sodium 59 mg
- Potassium 48 mg
- Phosphorus 24 mg
- Calcium 6 mg
- Fiber 0.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 nondairy milk substitute
Not suitable for diabetics due to high calorie, fat and carbohydrate content.
This special company recipe can be served occasionally with a low-fat entree.